Family time at the Amboseli Serena Safari LodgeAt the Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge, we appreciate the importance of quality family time. We're also committed to ensuring that you can relax, secure in the knowledge that the children are having as great a holiday as you are. With this in mind we offer a wide range of family-friendly room options, children's dining, baby-sitting, and plenty of adventure, sports and educational entertainment for children of all ages.
We offer 3 family rooms, each with a private entrance, two separate bedrooms and a shared bathroom. We can also provide baby-sitting services (prior notice appreciated).
All our meals are generous buffet-styled presentations with something to suit absolutely everyone. High-chairs can be provided, as can baby-friendly food. We are also delighted to offer slightly earlier children's meals (as early as 6.30 pm) - tailored to suit your children.
The lodge offers its own swimming pool (supervised by a qualified life-guard but not suited to small children other than under parental supervision). We also offer a wide selection of board-games and books on Africa and the wilderness. Our professional nature guides also offer nightly talks and video presentations on wildlife. Added to this, we can offer:
- Guided nature walks or bird-spotting in the grounds
- Family game-drives in our custom-built open-sided safari vehicles, which are ideal for children
- Family breakfasts on safari or at Observation Hill
- Maasai dancing and cultural displays in our dedicated cultural display area
- ‘Edutainment': learn how to do Maasai beadwork, about Maasai warrior-hood, and learn Maasai tracking for beginners
- We can also arrange for culturally-interactive trips to local Maasai villages and/or schools