A Great Holiday For The Whole Family
At the Serena Beach Resort and Spa near Mombasa we appreciate the importance of quality family time. We're also committed to ensuring that you can relax, secure in the knowledge that the children are having as great a holiday as you are. With this in mind we offer a wide range of family-friendly room options; children's dining; baby-sitting, and plenty of adventure, sports and educational entertainment for children of all ages.
We can arrange for adjoining rooms for the accommodation of families. We can also provide additional beds, cots and baby-sitting services (prior notice appreciated). Alternatively, we can recommend our specially planned Family Suites, as outlined below.
We offer a range of specially planned Family Suites. Each suite has a twin-bedded children's room with digital multi-channel TV, mini bar (which can be emptied on request), direct dial telephone, Internet connectivity, 24-hour room service and a private bathroom. The hotel also offers a children's animation programme; children's menus, a pizza restaurant and ice-cream parlour, baby-sitting services, nightly entertainment (clowns, acrobats etc), supervised nature trails, a delightful butterfly centre and sea turtle programme and a wide range of activities: ping pong, tennis, volley ball, pedalos, wind-surfing, yachting, swimming pool, water aerobics, coconut harvesting and more....
Accessed by a short corridor, the adult's room is luxuriously appointed with a king-sized double bed with walk-in mosquito net, sumptuous sea-blue and gold Swahili-styled furnishings, a fully-stocked mini-bar, digital multi-channel TV, direct dial telephone and 24-hour internet connectivity; while the spaciously luxurious twin bathroom allows for the use of two people at once. The room also features a generous balcony with access to the children's room next door - should the parents desire it.
All our meals are generous buffet-styled presentations, with something to suit absolutely everyone. High-chairs can be provided, as can baby-friendly food. We are also delighted to offer slightly earlier children's meals (as early as 12 noon and 6.30 pm) - tailored to suit your children. The hotel also offers a pizza restaurant and ice-cream parlour in the Sokoni Plaza.
The hotel offers its own swimming pool (supervised by a qualified life-guard but not suited to small children other than under parental supervision) and a children's paddling pool. Additionally we offer:
- A complete children's animation programme and animation team.
- Supervised nature trails.
- Free entry to our Butterfly Centre.
- Participation in our Sea Turtle Programme.
- Camel rides on the beach.
- Glass-bottom boat rides.
- Sporting activities to include: ping pong, tennis, volley ball, pedalos, wind-surfing, yachting, coconut-picking and archery.
- Free trial lessons in kite surfing, wind-surfing and diving.
- Giriama dancing and cultural displays.
- We can also arrange for culturally-interactive trips to local villages and/or schools.
- Educational evening talks by our resident naturalists.
- A selection of board games and books on Africa and wildlife.
- Visits to the nearby Haller Nature Park plus visits to nearby snake farms and ‘Wild Waters' water park, ‘Ngomongo' Cultural Village, Mombasa Marine Park, The Shimba Hills National Park, Gedi Ruins, Fort Jesus 17th century Portuguese fort and Mombasa Old Town.