Family time at the Kampala Serena Hotel
At the Kampala Serena Hotel we appreciate the importance of quality family time. We're also committed to ensuring that you can relax, secure in the knowledge that the children are having as great a holiday as you are. With this in mind we offer a wide range of family-friendly room options; children's dining; baby-sitting, and plenty of entertainment for children of all ages.
We can arrange for adjoining rooms for the accommodation of families. We can also provide additional beds, cots and baby-sitting services (prior notice appreciated).
All our meals are generous buffet-styled presentations, with something to suit absolutely everyone. High-chairs can be provided, as can baby-friendly food. We are also delighted to offer slightly earlier children's meals (as early as 12 noon and 6.30 pm) - tailored to suit your children.
The lodge offers its own swimming pool (supervised by a qualified life-guard but not suited to small children other than under parental supervision) and a children's paddling pool. Additionally we offer:
- Culturally-interactive trips to local villages and/or schools
- A selection of board games and books on Africa and wildlife
- White-water rafting or bungy jumping in Jinja
- The Kampala City Tour, a comprehensive tour of this bustling city that also takes in the African Craft Village and the National Museum.
- Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- The Entebbe Botanical Gardens, which offer a wide selection of exotic flora, small mammals, monkeys and excellent bird-spotting
- The Uganda Wildlife Centre, a small collection of buffalo, zebra, chimpanzees, monkeys, lion antelopes, crocodiles and hyenas plus numerous birds, the centre is also in Entebbe.