Family Time at Kirawira Serena Camp
At Serena, we appreciate the importance of quality family time. We're also committed to ensuring that you can relax, secure in the knowledge that the children are having as great a holiday as you are. With this in mind we offer a wide range of family-friendly tent options; children's dining; baby-sitting, and plenty of adventure, sports and educational entertainment for children of all ages.
We regret that due to the unique nature of the camp, we do not consider it suited to children under the age of seven.
We are delighted to offer slightly earlier children's meals (as early as 12 noon and 6.30 pm) - tailored to suit your children.
The camp offers its own swimming pool (supervised by a qualified life-guard but not suited to small children other than under parental supervision) and paddling pond.
We also offer a wide selection of board-games and books on Africa and the wilderness. Our professional nature guides also offer nightly talks and video presentations on wildlife. Added to this, we can offer:
- Family game drives (day and night)- in our custom-built open-sided safari vehicles, which are ideal for children
- Family bush breakfasts, bush dinners or sundowners
- We can also arrange for culturally-interactive trips to local villages and/or schools
- Educational evening talks by our resident naturalists
- A selection of board games and books on Africa and wildlife