You May Kiss the Bride
Where better to celebrate the union of two soul mates than at the Kirawira Serena Camp - Western Serengeti!......a wedding in Africa is a romantic and intimate experience.
Standing high on the bluff of a bush-cloaked ridge, commanding panoramic views over the endlessly rolling reaches and volcanic reefs of the Serengeti National Park, Kirawira Serena Camp is the epitome of colonially-styled safari luxury. Designed in typically Edwardian style, it features an elegant central meeting tent evocatively furnished with a tasteful selection of chintz-covered chaises longues, jewel-hued Persian rugs, antique escritoires, wind-up phonograms, leather-bound traveling cases, brass shooting sticks, carved rocking chairs, and stud-backed smoking chairs.
We will handle all formalities from the registrar, the wedding cake to the champagne.
The Sun-downer hill situated just five minutes’ drive from the camp. It commands a panoramic view of the Serengeti plains.
A platform decorated with an Arch “Bush style”, and with a background of an African Sunset will be the place to exchange the vows with friends and witnesses watching from the comfort of their camping chairs.
A table will be laid with hot and cold canapés and a bar set up with plenty of Champagne for guests to celebrate soon after the vows are exchanged.
After sunset, the party will be driven back to the camp for a formal dinner, or better still a candle lit dinner by the pool.
Complimentary massage, manicure pedicure, or facial treatment for the wedding couple will be offered.
Please note that the following documents must be the original and that copies will not be accepted.
- Birth Certificates
- Letter from Minister of a church, doctor or Civil Registrar, confirming that neither party has been married before or
- Original proof of the Decree of Absolute if one or more parties is a divorcee
- Original, death certificate in the case of a widow/widower
- Original proof if name changed by deed poll
- If under 18 years, evidence of consent of parents is required in the form of an affidavit by a notary public
- Also required are the following details if not already shown in the documentation above:-
- Full address of bride and groom, their occupations, religion, address and occupation of bride and groom’s parents
Usual minimum residency is 3 weeks, which is normally reduced to 3 full days (excluding weekends and national holidays) upon receipt by the registrar of a letter signed by both parties.
The couple must be interviewed by the registrar at the registrar’s office in BUNDA (District Headquarters) a day prior to the wedding day. Ask the Lodge reception for the registrar’s office hours.
How to book
Please state your requirements in writing at the time of booking. For reservations, contact email@example.com
Package Cost: US$3,250
Included in the wedding package cost:
- Marriage certificate fees/government fees
- Registrar’s fees
- Transport charges for Registrar
- Hire of church ministers x 2
- Wedding cake
- Bottle of Champagne for toasting
- Fruits & Flowers in the room
- Bush dinner with “bubbly” on the last day
- Sundowner cocktail for the bride/groom and best maid/man.
- Decoration of the location
Please note the following services can be offered at an extra cost:
- Bottle of sparkling wine: USD 75.00
- Video graphing: USD 500.00
- Photographer(Digital): USD 450.00
- Entertainment (Local Dancers): USD 650.00
- Manicure/pedicure & or massage: USD 100.00
Please note the above package cost does not include the following;
- Accommodation for bride and groom and other guests
- Park fees for guests and their party
- All beverages other than Sparkling wine
- Accommodation for registrar’s
*This package is not applicable during the festive periods (23rd Dec 2015 - 1st Jan 2016 & 23rd Dec 2016 - 1st Jan 2017).
*Valid till 31st Dec 2016
*Terms & Conditions apply