About the Lake Kivu Serena HotelSerenely sited on the white sandy shores of Lake Kivu, the sixth largest lake in Africa, and surrounded by extensive tropical gardens, the tastefully open-plan Lake Kivu Serena Hotel offers the ideal week-end escape.
Within several hours drive of both the Rwandan capital, and the glorious Volcanoes National Park (home of the world famous mountain gorillas), it overlooks its own private beach and offers; 66 luxury rooms, executive suites and family accommodation, a panoramic restaurant, indoor and beachside bars, a luxury swimming pool, and the ‘Maisha' Health Centre (offering an extensive range of health and beauty regimes, boating, swimming, volley ball, tennis, fishing, hiking and trekking). The hotel also boasts a world-class fully-integrated Conference Centre.
The hotel stands on the shores of Lake Kivu, just outside the small town of Gisenyi, which is 160km from Kigali (20 minute's flight from Kigali International Airport) and minutes from the border with the Democratic Republic of Congo and the city of Goma.
- Wide selection of rooms and suites: all with AC, satellite TV, WiFi and voice-mail
- The Kiyaga Restaurant
- The Lake View Bar and Terrace
- The Ziwani beach café and bar
- Swimming pool, pool deck and gardens
- The Maisha Health Club
- Dedicated conference and social events centre
- Business Centre, travel desk, taxi and limousine service
- Gift Shop, news-stand and travel requisites kiosk.