Family time at the Lake Victoria Serena Resort
The ideal spot for a family weekend out of the city, the resort offers; free accommodation for children below the age of 3 (3-7 charged at 50%, 7-18 at 75%), extra beds, cots, interconnecting family rooms, children's menus and dining, baby-sitting, children's paddling pool, and extensive and secure gardens.
We can arrange for adjoining rooms for the accommodation of families. We can also provide additional beds, cots and baby-sitting services (prior notice appreciated).
All our meals are generous buffet-styled presentations, with something to suit absolutely everyone. High-chairs can be provided, as can baby-friendly food. We are also delighted to offer slightly earlier children's meals (as early as 12 noon and 6.30 pm) - tailored to suit your children.
The resort offers its own swimming pool (supervised by a qualified life-guard but not suited to small children other than under parental supervision) and a children's paddling pool. Additionally we offer:
- Culturally-interactive trips to local villages and/or schools
- A selection of board games and books on Africa and wildlife
- White-water rafting or bungy jumping in Jinja
- The Kampala City Tour, a comprehensive tour of this bustling city that also takes in the African Craft Village and the National Museum.
- Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- The Entebbe Botanical Gardens, which offer a wide selection of exotic flora, small mammals, monkeys and excellent bird-spotting
- The Uganda Wildlife Centre, a small collection of buffalo, zebra, chimpanzees, monkeys, lion antelopes, crocodiles and hyenas plus numerous birds, the centre is also in Entebbe.