Family time at the Mara Serena Safari Lodge
At the Mara Serena Safari Lodge, we appreciate the importance of quality family time. We're also committed to ensuring that you can relax, secure in the knowledge that the children are having as great a holiday as you are. With this in mind we offer a wide range of family-friendly room options; children's dining; baby-sitting, and plenty of adventure, sports and educational entertainment for children of all ages.
We offer 5 sets of interconnecting family rooms, each with its own private bathroom. We can also provide; additional beds, cots for babies and baby-sitting services (prior notice appreciated).
All our meals are generous buffet-styled presentations, with something to suit absolutely everyone. High-chairs can be provided, as can baby-friendly food. We are also delighted to offer slightly earlier children's meals - tailored to suit your children.
The lodge offers its own swimming pool (supervised but not suited to small children other than under parental supervision).
We also offer a wide selection of board-games and books on Africa and the wilderness. Our professional nature guides also offer nightly talks and video presentations on wildlife. There is also a communal TV room offering DSTV satellite TV. Added to this, we can offer:
- Guided nature walks or bird-spotting in the grounds
- Camel-rides around the lodge
- Balloon-safaris (suitable for children over 12)
- Family game drives - in our custom-built open-sided safari vehicles, which are ideal for children
- Family breakfasts by the hippo pool
- Maasai dancing and cultural displays
- ‘Edutainment': learn how to do Maasai beadwork, Maasai-warrior-hood, Maasai-tracking for beginners
- We can also arrange for culturally-interactive trips to local Maasai villages and/or schools