Weddings & Honeymoons
If you'd like to say ‘I do' under African skies, and spend your honeymoon in a land of incomparable enchantment, then say ‘Yes!' at the Mara Serena Safari Lodge. We guarantee you a beautiful day, a wedding banquet in traditional safari style, a Maasai guard of honour, and the chance to end your special day in the indigo stillness of an African night. Also, all you'll have to do on the day is enjoy it. We do the rest.
As to formalities; from registrar to certificate, cake to champagne, all will be arranged. We also offer some unique family and friends accommodation packages, ‘his and hers' pre-wedding preparation options, a sumptuous honeymoon suite, a balloon safari just for two, or a ceremony on the banks of the famous Mara River.
Wedding options include:
- Bush-bowered wedding ceremony
- Individually themed champagne reception - at the lodge or in the bush
- Sumptuous floral arrangements, bouquets and buttonholes
- Private candle-lit honeymoon dinner for two
- Luxurious honeymoon suite supplied with tropical fruit and chilled champagne
- Cultural dance performance for you and your guests
- Colourful range of guest entertainments
- Photography and videoing of your special day
- Special accommodation packages for the entire wedding party
- Masai guard of honour
Honeymoons at the Mara Serena Safari Lodge
A honeymoon in the Masai Mara is magical indeed. Stay in our superlative suite, take your honeymoon breakfast in bed, on your private veranda or on the banks of the Mara River. Enjoy your own exclusive game drives through one of the most beautiful landscapes on earth, have a safari lunch in the bush, take cocktails watching the sun go down over the Mara Escarpment; and end your day with a romantic dinner for two by the hippo pools, with a campfire, lanterns and your own Maasai guard of honour. Alternatively, fly high in a hot-air balloon, landing to a full English breakfast cooked and served on the most famous plains in the world.
All you need to do is tell us how you'd like to spend your special time... and we'll make it SPECIAL indeed. Read more
- ‘Out of Africa wedding' in the Mara plains
- Exclusive honeymoon suite
- Special accommodation package for family and friends
- Traditional Maasai wedding
- Balloon safari just for two
- Romantic dinner in the bush