Family Safari Holiday in Kenya
The Serena Mountain Lodge is located immediately adjacent to its own waterhole which attracts a wide range of game including elephant, as such silence is imperative. For this reason, we regret that children below the age of seven cannot be accommodated at our Mount Kenya lodge. Children over seven years will be most welcome, but we must ask that they respect our request for an atmosphere of quietness within the lodge, and especially in the photo hide and on the viewing deck.
The lodge offers a wide selection of board-games and books on Africa and the wilderness. Our professional nature guides also offer nightly talks and video presentations on wildlife. Added to this, we can offer:
- Guided nature walks or bird-spotting in the forest.
- Kikuyu dance displays.
- Visits to the tree nursery where children can ‘Plant a Tree for Africa'.
- Visits to the photo hide by the water hole.
- Wildlife watching at the waterhole.
- We can also arrange for culturally-interactive trips to local villages and/or schools
Other activities at the lodge include:
- Mountain climbing
- Trout fishing with lunch or high tea
- Nature walk
- Evening slide show
- Moorland hike