Family time at Ol Pejeta House
At Ol Pejeta House, we appreciate the importance of quality family time. We're also committed to ensuring that you can relax, secure in the knowledge that the children are having as great a holiday as you are. With this in mind we offer a wide range of family-friendly tent options; children's dining; baby-sitting, and plenty of adventure, sports and educational entertainment for children of all ages.
We can arrange for adjoining tents for the accommodation of families. We can also offer triple tents or additional beds. Cots and baby-sitting services can be provided (prior notice appreciated).
All our meals are generous buffet-styled presentations, with something to suit absolutely everyone. High-chairs can be provided, as can baby-friendly food. We are also delighted to offer slightly earlier children's meals (as early as 12 noon and 6.30 pm) - tailored to suit your children.
The lodge offers its own swimming pool (supervised by a qualified life-guard but not suited to small children other than under parental supervision).
We also offer a wide selection of board-games and books on Africa and the wilderness. Our professional nature guides also offer nightly talks and video presentations on wildlife. Added to this, we can offer:
- Lion-tracking on an early morning game drive - to locate a number of radio-collared lions, which can be tracked with GPS devices.
- Camel rides around the camp or in the surrounding conservancy.
- Visits to the chimpanzee sanctuary - home to 43 chimps and with its own education centre.
- Visits to the Ol Pejeta Educational Centre.
- Visit to the Ereri Cultural Village, home to a group of Maasai, Pokot and Samburu people.
- One hour guided nature walks.
- Family game drives (day and night)- in our custom-built open-sided safari vehicles, which are ideal for children.
- Family breakfasts by the river.
- Maasai and Samburu dancing and cultural displays.
- We can also arrange for culturally-interactive trips to local villages and/or schools.
- Educational evening talks by our resident naturalists.
- A selection of board games and books on Africa and wildlife.