Family time at the Samburu Serena Safari LodgeAt the Samburu Serena Safari Lodge, we appreciate the importance of quality family time. We're also committed to ensuring that you can relax, secure in the knowledge that the children are having as great a holiday as you are. With this in mind we offer a wide range of family-friendly room options; children's dining; baby-sitting, and plenty of adventure, sports and educational entertainment for children of all ages.
We offer 8 family deluxe rooms, each with a king-sized double and a single bed (additional beds and cots can be provided). All our family suites offer large bathrooms with showers and baths; they are also interconnected, allowing us to custom tailor the accommodation of larger family groups. We can also provide baby-sitting services (prior notice appreciated).
All our meals are generous buffet-styled presentations, with something to suit absolutely everyone. High-chairs can be provided, as can baby-friendly food. We are also delighted to offer slightly earlier children's meals (as early as 6.30 pm) - tailored to suit your children.
The lodge offers its own swimming pool (supervised by a qualified life-guard but not suited to small children other than under parental supervision).
We also offer a wide selection of board-games and books on Africa and the wilderness. Our professional nature guides also offer nightly talks and video presentations on wildlife. Added to this, we can offer:
- Crocodile watching, both along the river and at a special feeding point
- Guided nature walks or bird-spotting in the grounds
- One hour guided nature walks along the river
- Camel rides along the river
- Family game drives - in our custom-built open-sided safari vehicles, which are ideal for children
- Family breakfasts by the river
- Samburu dancing and cultural displays
- We can also arrange for culturally-interactive trips to local Samburu villages and/or schools