Family time at the Serengeti Serena Safari LodgeWe appreciate the importance of quality family time. We are also committed to ensuring that you can relax, secure in the knowledge that your children are having as great a holiday as you are. With this in mind we offer a wide range of family-friendly accommodation options; children's dining; baby-sitting, and plenty of adventure, sports and educational entertainment for children of all ages.
Family accommodationWe can arrange for adjoining rooms for the accommodation of families. We can also offer triple rooms or additional beds. Cots and baby-sitting services can be provided (prior notice appreciated).
Children's mealsAll our meals are generous buffet-styled presentations, with something to suit absolutely everyone. High-chairs can be provided, as can baby-friendly food. We are also delighted to offer slightly earlier children's meals (as early as 12 noon and 6.30 pm) - tailored to suit your children.
Children's entertainmentThe lodge offers its own swimming pool (supervised by a qualified life-guard but not suited to small children other than under parental supervision).
We also offer a wide selection of board-games and books on Africa and the wilderness. Our professional nature guides also offer nightly talks and video presentations on wildlife. Added to this, we can offer:
- Family game drives in our custom-built open-sided safari vehicles, which are ideal for children
- Family breakfasts in the park or by the hippo pools of the Grumeti River
- Guided walks, bird spotting and cultural tours
- Cultural dancing and heritage displays
- We can also arrange for culturally-interactive trips to local villages and/or schools.