A 17th Century Fort Palace Re-imagined As A Heritage Hotel
Located on the legendry route to the world’s second highest mountain K-2, and known as Fong-Khar, which in the local language means the “Palace on the Rock”, Serena Shigar Fort is a unique heritage guesthouse hotel in Baltistan, Pakistan. Serena Shigar Fort offers guests the opportunity to experience the restored original architecture of the 17th Century Raja Fort Palace, while enjoying the modern amenities and services of a luxury guest house.
The complex at Shigar comprises of the 400-year-old Fort / Palace and two more recent buildings, the "Old House" and the "Garden House". The former Palace of the Raja of Shigar has been transformed into a 20 room heritage guesthouse hotel, with the grand audience hall serving as a museum of Balti culture and featuring select examples of fine wood-carvings, as well as other heritage objects.
- 20 rooms including suites
- Shuttle Airport Transfer
- Fongkhar Restaurant offers Pakistani, Local, Chinese and Continental specialties
- Residents Lounge offers private parties and snacks
- Historical Vine Garden offers BBQ (June to September).
- Guided tour of the Museum featuring original carvings, indigenous artifacts, and architectural history
- Conference Room
- 24-hour Business Centre
- Lobby Lounge offers satellite channels
- 24-hour forex
- Room service, Valet, laundry
- Doctor on call
- Power (220V/ 3 pin square- plugs/shaver sockets)