About the Zanzibar Serena Hotel
Idyllically situated on the sea-front of ancient Stone Town, and flanked by an exotic mix of sultan's palaces, Portuguese forts, ancient dhow harbours, and bright bazaars, the Zanzibar Serena Hotel is a haven of tranquillity and opulence amongst the bustle of one of Africa's most ancient and most enchanting towns. A member of the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of the World, the inn has been styled to represent the epitome of Swahili style, ethnic elegance and Arabic opulence.
The resort is in Stone Town, which is in the ‘Old Town' of Zanzibar City, which lies on the western side of the island of the same name. Zanzibar has an international airport, which is approximately 20 minutes flight from the mainland. There are daily flights linking Zanzibar with Dar es Salaam, Tanga, Arusha, the northern safari circuit airstrips and Nairobi (Kenya). Ferries and speed boats link Zanzibar with Dar es Salaam daily and with Pemba several times weekly. The airport is 7km south of Zanzibar Town and the journey takes 15 minutes by taxi.Airport transfers available upon request from the hotel.
- Wide selection of rooms and suites: all with AC, satellite TV, WiFi
- All-day Baharia Restaurant, Mdele Coffee Shop, Masahani Bar and Terrace Seafood Restaurant
- Swimming pool and pool deck
- Live music nightly
- Treatment rooms.
- Business centre, travel desk, taxi service
- Wedding planning service
- Gift Shop, news-stand and travel requisites kiosk
- Baby-sitting, children's dining/menus.
Download Zanzibar Serena Hotel fact-sheet from here.