A World Away From The City
A world away from the city
Styled to replicate the lines of a classically rustic Roman villa, which might just as easily stand amid the sunflowers of the Tuscan Hills, as on the shores of Africa's largest lake, The Lake Victoria Serena Resort is the latest addition to the Serena East Africa Portfolio. Opened in October 2009, it will be complemented by the addition of a golf course, marina and luxury residential complex.
Rising above white-terraced rose gardens, which descend through water cascades and fountains almost to the shores of Lake Victoria, this tranquil resort hotel near Entebbe has been positioned so as to offer both a contrast and an extension to the 5-star profile of the flagship Kampala Serena Hotel, This ensures that the Serena portfolio embraces all aspects of Uganda's social and corporate life.
A gracious terracotta and cream palace, the central citadel is encircled by broad café and cocktail terraces, where cushioned sofas invite relaxation. Above the marble reception, where a Roman fountain plays, white-arched galleries rise to a clear glass atrium, through which shafts of light illuminate the fountained courtyard below.
Beyond the mosaic frescoes of the main restaurant, a clocktower rises above the pool-deck where colonnades of white arches offer the perfect frame for the hazy blue of the lake and the encircling green of the Lweza Hills. Widely spaced amongst the rose gardens, clusters of pastel-painted villas offer a choice of rooms and suites, all with panoramic lake views.
On the shores of Lake Victoria in the Kigo District (equidistant between Kampala and Entebbe), the resort is twenty minute's drive (30 km) from Entebbe International Airport and twenty minute's drive to the centre of Kampala (15 km). The resort will feature its own helipad offering link services to the flagship 5-star Serena Kampala Hotel.
- Wide selection of rooms and suites: all with AC, satellite TV, Wi-Fi and voice-mail
- The Citadel, all-day brasserie
- The Kigo, cocktail bar
- The Lake View Pool Terrace bar and café
- Panoramic terraces for private cocktails and social events
- The Maisha Mind Body and Spirit Spa
- Dedicated conference and social events floor
- VIP entrance, helipad, dedicated car park, full security
- Wide range of incentives options.
- Business Centre, travel desk, taxi and limousine service.
- Wedding planning service
- Gift Shop, news-stand and travel requisites kiosk
- Tennis Court
- Volley Ball
- Boat Cruises
- Ngamba Island Excursion
- The Coliseum dream weddings, private parties and product launches.
Click here to download.