Set back from the powder- white sands & shimmering waters of the Mombasa National Marine Park, the hotel décor blends the time honoured intricacy of Swahili carving with the jewelled glow of Arabian lanterns, the white gleaming splendour of sultan palace and the lotus cool of a Persian water garden, the Serena Beach Hotel & Spa is certainly one of the most romantic venues in the world and offers the perfect setting for an unforgettable wedding.
Maisha Spa - The fortress of Peace and Tranquility - offers male and female spa facilities (including steam rooms, saunas and outdoor Jacuzzis) luxurious treatments done either in one of our spectacular spa treatment rooms, each with its own private outdoor shower and beautifully landscaped courtyard or ocean facing massage tents, a fitness studio, hair salon, squash and tennis courts, yoga podium suspended over a reflective pool of water, and a special treatment and relaxation area for couples.
Wedding Package USD 2,800.00 per couple.
Your package includes:
- Expert service of our own wedding specialist in handling all the necessary arrangements.
- Basic Decorated Venue. (Wedding venues as shown below.)
- Marriage license, Marriage certificate, legal fees and Registrar.
- VIP welcoming upon arrival at the airport with sparkling wine and other refreshments on board.
- Express check in.
- Free upgrade to one of the suites subject to availability.
- One Tier Wedding Cake.
- Bottle of wine, fruit basket and flowers in the room on arrival.
- Exclusive beach breakfast. (Subject to the weather).
- Bridal bouquet, One Button hole, Hair confetti.
- Special turn- down service.
- Exclusive romantic candlelit dinner@ Jahazi Grill + bottle of wine.
- Spa Manicure/Pedicure and hair care for the bride.
- Hair care for the groom.
- Photographer and 72 photos in an album
- A choice of 2 spa treatments per person (options below)
Wedding Day Itinerary
- All aspects of the wedding ceremony are organized by the Hotel
- Hotel will decorate(basic) the venue on the morning of the wedding
- Outsourced décor available and can be arranged to tailor make according to your taste
- Registrar arrives and the ceremony starts at the agreed time.
- The couple and witnesses sign wedding certificate.
- Bubbly Toast
- Photography in and around the Hotel grounds and the beach
- Cutting the cake
- Dinner for two
- Romantic Breakfast the morning after the ceremony
Wedding Venue Options
- Around the water fountain on the gardens.
- Serena Beach lawns.
- On the Beach (subject to tide and KWS Approval)
- Glass-bottom Boat (subject to boat charges, tide and KWS fees)
- Any other venue the couple may find suitable on arrival at the Hotel (through prior arrangement by mutual agreement with the Hotel).
Supplementary Itinerary Options-
- Wasini Island- swim with the dolphins, cruise through the world- famous Gazi mangroves,
- Tamarind dhow- evening cruise on large dhow. Food cooked and served on board, dinner on board during cruise.
- City tour and a trip to the Mamba village.
- Fort Jesus/ Mombasa by Night- evening cruise with Jahazi marine dhow via old harbour followed by dinner under the stars inside the Fort.
Optional Extras in USD.
- A bottle of Champagne 55.00
- An Edited DVD 280.00
- An edited DVD with Background music 320.00
- Guitarist 98.00
- Giriama traditional dancers and Sound System 300.00
- Additional Photographs (72 prints 4x6) with album 118.00